“Dr. Liz’s Easy Guide to Menopause is a highly practical and readable “CliffsNotes” for making decisions about your hormones at midlife. It’s accurate, simple, and illuminating.”
– Christiane Northrup, M.D., OB/GYN physician and author of the New York Times bestsellers: Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause
This book is a step-by-step guide for women to use to assess your hormone health, and then get the evaluation and treatment you need from the doctor(s) you already have. This book is simple but goes into depth on the issues related to hormone balancing and hormone replacement therapy. This book also presents the doctor’s perspective, in order to help you work effectively with your doctors. While being thorough and based in the latest medical hormone replacement knowledge, this simple guide keeps things light, funny and conversational in tone, as opposed to lecturing, condescending, or confusing. With this guide in hand, you will be able to assess your perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms, and then work effectively with your doctors to get the evaluation and treatment that you need at this time in your life.
1) 5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY – AN “EASY GUIDE” TO UNDERSTANDING MENOPAUSE & BALANCING YOUR HORMONES, December 17, 2009This review is from: Dr. Liz’s Easy Guide To Menopause: 5 Simple Steps to Balancing Your Hormones and Feeling Like Yourself Again (Paperback)I had the absolute pleasure of reading “Dr. Liz’s Easy Guide to Menopause: 5 Simple Steps to Balancing Your Hormones and Feeling Like Yourself Again”.When I first heard the title of this book I thought to myself, wow, that is exactly what women need, `an easy guide to menopause’. In the fast-paced lives we all lead we don’t have time to spend hours reading and researching what is happening to our changing bodies. We need an “easy guide” to help us find the answers to the many questions so many women have about the changes our bodies are going through. The vast majority of books available today are filled with way too much information to get through or even comprehend. We want answers we can understand and use to guide us as we go through this change in our lives.In Dr. Liz’s book she accomplishes just that – she makes it very easy to understand menopause and the options we have to assist us in balancing our hormones and feeling like ourselves again; empowered to manage the changes our bodies are going through!!!! She has a great way of taking a very confusing topic and breaking it down into very easy to understand terms. This is the information women need to be able to speak intelligently with their doctor so that we can bring balance back into our body as well as into our life. This book is excellent for any woman who is ready to believe in the power they have to manage their own health.
Coming from a woman who has been educating herself for over 15 years in the area of health and wellness this is a “must read” for every woman regardless of her age. This book is about personal empowerment for women through education about developing a wise and healthy lifestyle now and through menopause. It offers resources and tools to lead to a more healthy and happy life.
Please share this book with the women in your life that you care about and love!!!
Thank you Dr. Liz for all you do and for the gift you are giving to women everywhere.
2) 5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Book on Menopause ever, January 8, 2010This review is from: Dr. Liz’s Easy Guide To Menopause: 5 Simple Steps to Balancing Your Hormones and Feeling Like Yourself Again (Paperback)I just received Dr. Liz’s book today and I couldn’t put it down. It is the most comprehensive outline to Menopause I have ever read. I have always been afraid of all the things my mother would say about “the change” an this book made me fell like there is hope. There is nothing to be afraid of, the questions help to clarify where I am in the menopause cycle is worth the price of the book alone. I would highly recommend it to anyone and their mother too. Thanks Dr. Liz’s for giving it to us straight and easy.
3) 5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, February 19, 2010This review is from: Dr. Liz’s Easy Guide To Menopause: 5 Simple Steps to Balancing Your Hormones and Feeling Like Yourself Again (Paperback)I loved this book and I think all physcians should refer this book to their patients going through the stages and changes of menopause. I gave a copy to my Gyn.
4) A Road Map for Your Journey Into Menopause, January 7, 2010
I highly recommend Dr. Liz’s Easy Guide To Menopause. In a very straight forward manner, Dr. Liz demystifies what menopause is and isn’t, what treatment options are available and really emphasizes that your own “quality of life,” as defined by YOU, is what matters the most. There is no absolute one answer to treating menopausal symptoms that works for everyone and Dr. Liz recognizes this. She gives straightforward information on a variety of treatment options. She does not praise one treatment option while demonizing another, as is often the case in the media. Particularly well done is her discussion of the implications of the results of the WHI (Women’s Health Initiative). In a non-hysterical way, she discusses the real meaning of the study results using concrete examples of statistics from the study, not the soundbites that we were treated to that made inaccurate blanket statements on the risks of HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) for women.
I’ve been on HRT for one year and my doctor has recommended a two year treatment period to help ease me into menopause. I’m using this two year window to collect information that will help me decide what I should do next. I feel much more prepared now to have a thoughtful discussion with my doctors on what could work best for me. I wish I had this book in my 40’s to give me a heads-up on what “wonderful surprises” I could look forward to and how to deal with them.